Viewports not matching

Anything you want to share!
jeremiah77769

Viewports not matching

Post by jeremiah77769 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I have posted a similar topic in the Wishlist forum.

I am needing to know how I can exactly match the images I am getting from sketchup to the images I am getting from Lightup? What settings would I use when exporting by viewport? Sketchup doesn't offer much when it comes to custom sizes, just a viewport sized export or a custom size which forces the height when you type in the width or vice versa. When I export the same "viewport" size image from lightup it doesn't match precisely so I am at a loss for how to get these to jive.

Any suggestions for getting exactly matching image sizes in high quality?

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: Viewports not matching

Post by AdamB » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 pm

If you choose Viewport sized Still.. capture in LightUp, it precisely matches the current viewport SketchUp uses.

So if you also use SketchUp export 2D and choose viewport, the 2 images will be identical sized.

NB LightUp Still image and Movie export is always 16x oversampled for maximum quality, so the Viewport x2,x3 options are simply for convenience and not necessary to achieve a high quality anti-aliased image.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 pm

I am still having a lot of issues with the camera views in lightup. I have made about 18 views on the project i am working on and about half of them don't match at all. The camera stopped zoomed far out from where it is supposed to be in the sketchup viewport. On a site view I have a really strange dark bar that appears, and every time I put the camera in that view a few seconds later it moves itself incorrectly to another position above the site. I'm very confused about what's happening here, I can't export a single view yet for all the strange little things that keep happening.

I am also having a lot of random objects not appearing in the rendering, many happen with objects like bushes where I have lots of them, suddenly some don't show up, trees and people are also missing. What could cause this sort of weirdness? I know they are turned on and are not hidden or transparent.
Attachments
Glitch.jpg
Weird bar running horizontally
Glitch.jpg (876.05 KiB) Viewed 5404 times

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:18 am

Here's where the camera incorrectly stops at the wrong viewport location then suddenly moves back a few seconds later...
View Shift 1.jpg
This is not the same view location as in Sketchup
View Shift 1.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 5403 times
View Shift 2.jpg
Camera moves by itself to this location seconds later
View Shift 2.jpg (534.45 KiB) Viewed 5403 times

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 am

Lastly, lots of objects are disappearing when I know they are not on an invisible layer or turned transparent.
Attachments
Missing objects.jpg
Objects strangely missing
Missing objects.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 5403 times

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 am

EDIT: I think I just figured out what is causing the Face Me trees, bushes, and people not to show! They all seem to be the ones that I flipped along the Red axis. I do this often just to get a little variety to the repetitive look of all the trees and such, this has to be why they are magically missing. You may want to look into this. It is also happening to face me objects that have been mirrored, once I flip them along the red axis they then become visible again.

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 am

Okay the camera issue has got me, I can't figure out why the viewports are not the same between the two, I tried recreating a few cameras and it ends up the same, lightup always seems like it's stepped back behind the sketchup camera. Is there some kind of setting I am missing here?

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago I set my view to a camera I wanted to export right before hitting the tour button, a few seconds later I watched the perspective change right as it was loading the rendering. Lightup is definitely changing the camera positions. I made a new camera just now using the Advanced Camera Tools in Sketchup 8 hoping that I could LOCK the camera down to keep Lightup from moving but that doesn't work either, as soon as I try to move to the ACT camera Lightup ends and I'm back in normal sketchup....DANGIT! :evil:

I can't figure this out. :(

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

jeremiah77769 wrote:EDIT: I think I just figured out what is causing the Face Me trees, bushes, and people not to show! They all seem to be the ones that I flipped along the Red axis. I do this often just to get a little variety to the repetitive look of all the trees and such, this has to be why they are magically missing. You may want to look into this. It is also happening to face me objects that have been mirrored, once I flip them along the red axis they then become visible again.
OK, that could be a problem as LightUp expects FaceMe components to be in the default winding order. I'll take a look.

One thing to check is you haven't embedded a flipped FaceMe inside a Component that is flipped inside another Group that is flipped etc. Ie correcting the FaceMe component won't then necessarily fix the problem.

Adam

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 am

jeremiah77769 wrote:Okay the camera issue has got me, I can't figure out why the viewports are not the same between the two, I tried recreating a few cameras and it ends up the same, lightup always seems like it's stepped back behind the sketchup camera. Is there some kind of setting I am missing here?

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago I set my view to a camera I wanted to export right before hitting the tour button, a few seconds later I watched the perspective change right as it was loading the rendering. Lightup is definitely changing the camera positions. I made a new camera just now using the Advanced Camera Tools in Sketchup 8 hoping that I could LOCK the camera down to keep Lightup from moving but that doesn't work either, as soon as I try to move to the ACT camera Lightup ends and I'm back in normal sketchup....DANGIT! :evil:

I can't figure this out. :(
How are you setting up these cameras? Are you using a non-standard aspect ratio such as set by Advanced Camera?
Starting Tourtool doesn't touch the camera settings (apart from gimble-lock prevention if it's looking straight down).

adam

jeremiah77769

Post by jeremiah77769 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:21 am

Most of the cameras were set up in Perspective camera mode with me just moving the scene using the normal methods to move to where I wanted it to look and just saving the scene how I wanted it. Every time I attempt to render the scene with lightup it comes out different than the sketchup viewport, the lightup camera generally appears far behind the sketchup camera. I would be happy to share this file with you if you would like to see what I am seeing. I will have to strip out some of the extra items as the working file is now about 150 megs+ in size. Just let me know and I can most likely upload a file to transferbigfiles.com to get a copy to you.